May 2, 2013

Practice Makes...Better

I need a little pep talk cause I haven't exercised one lick this week.

Last week I went for a run in the wind, and of course, it stunk.  As soon as I made it to my running trail I was startled by some professional runner chic that came up behind me.  I almost had an accident, which I know is common for hardcore runners, but I had to control myself.  I'm not hardcore and don't have any excuse for peeing my pants like someone who was running a marathon might. 

My being startled was immediately overshadowed by the fact that pro runner chic was galloping gracefully along like a beautiful thoroughbred.  Her stride was incredible.  I couldn't even pretend that I was keeping pace with the horse girl.  She was long gone within seconds.  

As I watched her move farther and farther away and eventually disappear, I started to feel a little deflated.  But I kept running.  

To make the experience even more glorious, my music listening device was malfunctioning and stopped after only one song.  I knew I couldn't make it without my tunes so I fumbled around trying to get it to continue while still attached to my arm band and maintaining as much of a running speed as was possible.  I must not be good at multitasking because eventually I had to stop and get things situated.  I'm sure I lost a good 30 seconds, or more.  

By then my run was completely ruined.  I thought to myself "whatevs, I'm going home" which ironically was where my running route ended.

As I terminated the stopwatch expecting to be well over my usual time of 12 minutes and 30ish seconds, I was pleasantly surprised to see this:


With my little music mishap and the time it took to stop and correct, I am pretty confident that I ran that mile a whole minutes faster than I normally do!

I'm totally hardcore!  ;)  I've earned the right to pee my pants while running (joke)

Now if I can just get that thoroughbred out in front of me every morning.

One last success to help in my little pep talk.  Since I haven't seen a change in numbers on the scale I decided to do some measuring.  In about a months time here are the changes:

Neck-      .5" decrease
R Arm-     1" decrease
L Arm-    .5" decrease
R Thigh-  1.25" decrease
L Thigh-  .5" decrease
R Calf-    .5" increase
L Calf-    .25" increase

My goal is to see some change in the waist and hip next.  The baby fat has received it's official eviction notice.

  

2 comments:

  1. Haha! The thoroughbred probably turned the first corner and collapsed. She was probably just being a show off. For realz! Good job on your running! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remind me to tell you a funny story or two;)

    ReplyDelete