I can't believe that 9 whole months have passed since our sweet Goob joined our family. If you ask Mr Medic his opinion on little babies he would respond "I hate the first year!" You would think I might say something similar, but I've got momnesia! I suffer on a daily basis and seem to quickly forget the not so fun moments. Although this babe is far from sleeping through the night, I am somehow able to function from day to day. And he sure makes up for rough nights with his sweet smile and contagious giggle during the day.
Isn't he handsome?
Here are some fun facts about Goob:
- First tooth on January 26, 2013
- Crawling with more coordination/consistency on February 8, 2013
- Pulls himself up for the first time on February 22, 2013 (and subsequently falls out of the crib)
- Starts waving to someone at church on February 24, 2013
- Second tooth on March 7, 2013
- Loves to chew on baby wipes (don't let you kids do that. They can make them go blind...its a battle every time I change a diaper)
- Is a little more snuggly than Twodles ever was
- Is a blankie boy just like his big brother, and a binkie boy not at all like his big brother
- Wants to eat normal food rather than pureed baby food
- Likes to drink from a sippy cup
- Starts scaling the couch on March 19, 2013
- Is going through a bit of a separation anxiety phase right now
- Has a rolling giggle when he is tickled
- 18 lbs as of March 18, 2013
- Doesn't handle teething well
- Seems to play more independently than Twodles did
- Has sensitive skin and the cutest little birth mark on his left cheek you can see above
- HE LOOKS MORE LIKE ME THAN HIS DADDY!!!!!!
- Nicknames include: Goob, Goobie JJ, Goobie Loob, Goober, etc
We sure love you Goob!