May 28, 2013

Natural Man

Scripture of the Day:  "For the natural man is an enemy to God, and has been from the fall of Adam, and will be, forever and ever, unless he yields to the enticings of the Holy Spirit, and putteth off the natural man and becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord, and becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things which the Lord seeth fit to inflict upon him, even as a child doth submit to his father."  -Mosiah 3:19, The Book of Mormon

Curse the natural man!  hahaha  Why do we have to be so self-concerned by nature?

I'm glad this verse spells out what to do to rid ourselves of that person we are so inclined to be.

1. Yield to the enticings of the Holy Spirit
2. Put off the natural man
3. Become a saint through the Atonement of Christ
4. Become as a little child

Today I am most hung up on becoming as a little child.  I just can't wrap my mind around that idea.  I guess its more the qualities listed that describe a child that I'm just not grasping:

          submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love, willing to submit to all things

My inability to envision becoming as a child, or obtaining these childlike qualities may be due to the fact that I have a 2 year old who is experiencing what I like to think is toddler PMS, and an almost 1 year old who is teething and was recently immunized.  Maybe that paints a somewhat accurate picture of the lack of any of the above mentioned childlike qualities floating around our place lately!  ;)

Nevertheless, I will choose to remember the wonderful moments when my children do posses those childlike qualities and strive each day to be more like that.

And I think I'll start with patience



No comments:

Post a Comment