|These had two huge holes all the way through the frame at each decorative point|
|Close up detail. The circular part is where the wholes were.|
I already decided on a color palette for the much needed living room re-do, so I knew what color these would be. Then I found this antiquing method by The Speckled Dog via Pinterest. But like most college students, I didn't have all the products they listed. I used black acrylic paint I already had instead of the glaze they recommended for the antiquing part.
1. Fill all holes or gouges and imperfections with spackle, and allow to dry
2. Sand spackled areas & rest of piece if needed. Make sure to wipe piece after sanding to remove dust
3. Paint item and allow to dry completely
4. With a sponge brush, apply slightly watered down black acrylic paint to piece
5. Allow to dry about 2 minutes. DON'T DRY TOO LONG!
6. Using a barely damp rag or paper towel begin to wipe away black paint until you reach your desired look. I liked the black remaining mostly in the crevasses.
|Close up detail|